Non-comedogenic Foundations for Acne-Prone Skin
When your skin is acne-prone, it means that your skin is vulnerable to breakouts and blemishes. This might be caused by large pores in your skin, have an oily face, or your skin has overactive oil glands.
Getting the right foundation for your skin is essential. When you have acne-prone skin, it’s even more critical to get the right products for your skin.
Non-comedogenic foundation means that it’s free from ingredients that are likely to clog your pores.
Here is a list of 5 best non-comedogenic Foundations for Acne-Prone Skin
|Non-comedogenic Foundations||Feature 1||Feature 2||Feature 3||Editor’s Rating|
|Oxygenitix Acne Control Foundation||2% Salicylic Acid||Aloe Barbadensis||Ceravitae||4.5|
|Clinique acne solutions liquid makeup||Salicylic Acid||Laminaria Saccharine||Hydroxydecanoic Acid||4.5|
|Estee Lauder Wear Stay-in Place Makeup SPF10||Hyaluronic Acid||SPF 10||56 Different shades||3.5|
|Max Factor X Miracle Touch, SPF 30 with Hyaluronic Acid||SPF 30||Hyaluronic Acid||Different Shades||3.4|
|Neutrogena Skinclearing Oil-Free Makeup||Salicylic acid||SPF 55||Oil free||4.1|
Editor’s choice on the list of the best non-comedogenic foundation for acne-prone skin
- In regard to customer reviews and product reputation, we came up with the list of the best non-comedogenic foundations for acne-prone skin.
- All the above five foundations are all labeled non-comedoginec
- All products are free from oil, artificial colors and greasy ingredients.
Oxgenitix Acne Control Foundation
- Oxygenetix Acne Control Foundation is not only good for covering up the blemishes but also contains ingredients that can treat acne.
- The aloe Vera base is a remedy for treating and soothing your skin. It removes dead skin and hence the perfect match for acne-prone skin.
- Ceravitae, which is one of the ingredients, is a perfect remedy for oxygenating your skin, stimulate cell production, and increase the healing process of the skin.
- Salicylic acid is well known as a medicinal ingredient used to open up clogged pores, clearing bacteria that cause acne and treat your skin.
Key Oxgenitix Acne Control Foundation
- Ability to treat your skin due to the availability of Salicylic acid, which releases treatment evenly.
- Clearing blemishes fast
- Soothing your skin
- Covering and treating skin conditions
- Opening your pores and oxygenating your skin
- Cruelty-free and vegan
- SPF 30 UVA/UVB
- Has a thick texture
The difference between blue and yellow-based foundation? Yellow-based foundations are designed for warm undertones, while the blue base is fit for cool undertones.
Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup
- The Clinique Acne Solution foundation is a USA made product.
- Clinique is a famous brand well known for its high-quality products. The Clinique acne solution foundation is one of their best foundations designed for acne-prone skin.
- The foundation does not contain artificial preservatives or colors.
- All the ingredients contained are natural and organic proven.It is 100% vegan, gluten-free and cruelty-free
- Though it is well known to serve people with acne-prone skin, it also contains anti-aging ingredients that guarantee healthy and youthful skin
- It is well known for concealing the breakouts and blemishes, giving a matte finish.
- It is suitable for all skin types
Key Feature for Clinique Acne Solutions
- Salicylic Acid
This key ingredient is responsible for clearing dead skin cells that are responsible for clogged pores.
- Laminaria Saccharine
The ingredient is responsible for controlling build-up oils that are responsible for causing breakouts.
- Hydroxydecanoic Acid
The blemish-fighting ingredient is responsible for controlling the spread of bacteria that might aggravate breakouts.
Clinique Acne Solution Foundation Cons
- Some clients said they could not get the right shades for their skin tone.
Estee Lauder Double
- Estee Lauder Double contains high concentration of Hyaluronic Acid.
- Hyaluronic acid is well known for decreasing sebum production by dehydrating the skin.
- It is designed for acne prone-skin as it is light, and free from oils.
- It is water, sweat and humidity proof, hence suitable for all types of weather.
- It contains SPF 10, which is responsible for protecting your skin from harmful UV rays.
Estee Lauder Double Foundation Key Features
- Hyaluronic Acid
This ingredient is suitable for dehydrating the skin and reducing dead skin build-up.
- SPF 10
The ingredient is well known for UV protection
- 56 different shades
The Estee Lauder Foundation has 56 different shades to suit different types of skin tones.
Estee Lauder Double FAQ
- If the company test on animals
- Where can the interested clients purchase Estee Lauder Products?
- If it’s possible to return products purchased online to the department store
- If the company accepts International Orders.
Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Makeup
- It has SPF 55 and hence also suitable for protecting your skin from sun rays.
- It’s affordable
- It contains ingredients that are suitable for soothing sensitive skin.
- It’s non-greasy and lightweight, ensuring that your skin is not clogged.
- It contains Vitamin E
- It contains Salicylic acid well known for the prevention and treatment of acne-prone skin.
- It’s available in 12 different shades.
Key Features for Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil Free Makeup
- SPF 55
This means that the foundation has a very high agent protection against UV rays. It is suitable even during the hot season.
- Salicylic Acid
Salicylic acid is used for prevention and treatment of acne.
The foundation does not contain ingredients that are likely to clog your pores and aggravating acne breakouts.
Neutrogena Skin Clearing Foundation Cons
- Only have a few shades available.
- Does not have a matte finish
Neutrogena Skin Clearing Foundation FAQ
- Why the product bought different from the order?
- Which method do I use to pay for the product?
Max Factor X Miracle Touch, SPF 30 with Hyaluronic Acid
- Relatively affordable
- Miracle touch foundation reduces pores appearances, blemishes, and spots, leaving your skin youthful and flawless.
- The lightweight texture that guarantees your skin is not clogged.
Key features of Max Miracle Touch, SPF 30 with Hyluronic Acid
Just like the name suggests, the foundation contains SPF 30, which is essential for protecting your skin from UV.
- Hyaluronic Acid
This ingredient is essential for the treatment and prevention of acne outbreaks and blemishes.
- Different Shades
Max Foundation has 16 different shades. You have the freedom to choose the best that suits your skin tone.
Max Factor X Miracle Touch FAQ
- Product Dimensions
- Is the item easy to use?
- Product Durability.
Buyers Guide when Choosing the Non-Comedogenic Foundations for Acne-Prone Skin
- It is worth noting that oil-free foundations do not entirely mean the product is non-comedogenic.
- Non-comedogenic refers to products that do not contain ingredients that clog the pores.
- Oil-free refers to products that are free from petrolatum, but might contain other alternative oils.
- Dermatologists recommend non-comedogenic foundations for people with acne-prone skin. However, not all products labeled “non-comedogenic” are free from ingredients that are likely to clog your pores.
- To buy the right products for your acne prone skin, it is essential to identify ingredients that might harm your skin and those that are likely to improve your skin.
Here is a list of ingredients that you should check out for when purchasing your foundation. These ingredients are not suitable for acne-prone skin.
- Caprylic triglycerides
- Plankton extracts
- Coconut oil
- Wheat germ oil
- Avocado oil
- Jojoba oil
- Sulfated castor oil
Suitable Ingredients for Acne-Prone Skin
- Salicylic acid
- Aloe Vera
- Laminaria Saccharine
- Hydroxidecanoic acid
- Generally, foundations that contain strong fragrances and alcohol are not suitable for acne-prone skin as they clog your pores.
- Always check customer reviews before purchasing a new product. You can learn from customers who have already purchased the product.
- Always avoid heavy products if you have cases of acne outbreaks as they are likely to clog your pores, aggravating the condition.
Final Tips for Acne-Prone Skin
- Always clear all the makeup from your skin using a non-comedogenic cleanser before going to bed, to avoid clogging your pores.
- Understand the ingredients to avoid in a product you are using to prevent accelerating the breakouts.
- Make sure to keenly follow the above buyer’s guide when purchasing foundations for acne-prone skin.
- Keep in mind that what works for others might not work for you, and so be very observant of what works best for you.
- When you have acne-prone skin, make sure the products you are using for facial cleansing are water-based and not oil-based to prevent over clogging.
- Always use a makeup blender to apply your foundations.
- Always moisturize your skin before applying foundations. Use non-comedogenic moisturizers for your acne prone-skin.
- Don’t forget to clean your makeup blender and brushes after use.
Steps to Follow When Applying Your Foundations on Acne Prone Skin
- Apply a matte primer to smoothen-out your skin
- Use a color corrector to neutralize the redness appearance on your skin. (Draw an X on the blemishes using a green color corrector, and blend well using your fingers or a makeup brush).
- Apply your chosen non-comedogenic foundation using a blender.
- Apply a non-comedogenic concealer to completely cover the blemishes on your skin.
- Blot the excess oil using a blotting paper.