Today I marked myself with a double current and a delicious contribution.
This week is Celiac Disease Awareness Week and Sunday is World Baking Day – so I combine both and share my favorite recipe for gluten-free cakes!
It also contains no dairy. There is refined sugar in it, but we cannot always be perfect …
Two large oranges, roughly chopped, pips removed (leaving the skin on gives a nice taste)
5 eggs (separated)
200 g powdered sugar
225 g ground almonds
Handful of almond leaves to decorate the top
icing sugar for decoration
- Put the chopped oranges in a pan, add a splash of water, cover and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Chop the orange very finely after cooking or put everything in a food processor until you have a puree.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form, gradually stir in half of the powdered sugar.
- Whisk the egg yolk with the remaining powdered sugar and add your oranges.
- Carefully fold the protein under the mixture – don't be too strong, otherwise you will switch off all the air!
- Put a spoon in a cake tin and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 180 ° C
I love mine served with a dash of Greek yogurt and a dash of honey.
I hope you all get your aprons this Sunday – tweet me photos of your delicious baked goods, @PaiSkincare. Maybe we should get Mary Berry to judge her …?